Zadock Morris, a Revolutionary War Veteran, established his residence at Doll's Run and by 1810 had constructed this cabin. Zadock and his wife Elizabeth transferred the property to their son Ezekial and his wife Sarah in 1835. Ezekial's granddaughter Ida married M. Everett McElroy in 1896 and upon Ezekial's death that year, they moved into the house. In 1912 the structure served as a Monongalia County School. After Ida's death in 1964, Brady McElroy inherited the property. Richard and Elizabeth Bergan purchased the property in 1977 and donated the cabin to the 4-H Camp in 2005.
The Dining Hall
The first building to be built on the Camp grounds, it began as a simple kitchen in 1929 when the first camp was held. The Dining Hall was built in 1931, including the existing chimney. A flagstone approach was added in 1938. Due to changing Health Regulations in 1963 the Dining Hall was remodeled and a new kitchen constructed in its present position in 1965. This also provided the Camp with its first showers and restrooms for the campers. This building has served as a dining hall, central assembly hall, classroom, and substitute Council Circle. It stands to this day as a testament to the vision and determination of Harry P. Muffly and to all the volunteers who labored to create this Camp for their children and the succeeding generations.
James Lewis Williams built Morgan Cabin in May Hollow along a tributary of Booth's Creek in 1816. He and his wife Elizabeth May lived in the cabin until his death in 1856. James left the cabin to his youngest son, Foster, who honored his request that Elizabeth reside with Foster until her death. Foster lived in the house until relocating in 1904 to Fairmont, where he died in 1905. His heirs donated the cabin to the 4-H Camp in 1934.
Big Log Cabin
Allen Holland constructed this cabin in 1815-16 on his farm near White Day Creek, along what was then known as the Morgantown and Fairmont Pike (now known as Rt. 73). In 1871 Holland sold to Joseph Stansberry, who had married his daughter Mary. The Stansberrys gave the property to their son Thomas A. Stansberry in 1911. He sold the property to Charles and Dessie Michael in 1934, reserving a life estate for himself. Upon Stansberry's death in 1941 the Michaels donated the cabin to the 4-H Camp.
Joshua Low constructed this house in 1871 near the mining village of Brady in Grant District. The property was part of a land patent given to his grandfather, also named Joshua Low, in 1788. Joshua and his wife Malinda deeded the land with a life estate to their son, Philip M. Low, in 1897. Philip and his wife Bird M. Low sold the land to the Brady-Warner Coal Company in 1923. Monoc Coal Company purchased the property in 1929. Monoc Coal Company donated the cabin to the 4-H Camp in 1931. Grant Cabin was the first log cabin brought to the 4-H Camp by Harry Muffly.
Clinton Cabin is the only log cabin at Camp Muffly that is not an original settlers cabin. Constructed of logs cut from chestnut trees along Booth's Creek in Clinton District, Clinton Cabin was built on this site in 1934. Wayne Watkins and Harry Muffly hauled the logs to camp and Bill Frum hewed the logs. Clinton District residents built the cabin, requiring only two days for its construction: Allan Kramer's Smithtown 4-H Club purchased the materials for the cabin's roof for approximately $90. It became and remains to this day the cabin for the oldest boys at 4-H Camp.
Little Log Cabin
William H. Pyles built this house on Pedlar Run in Clay District in 1834. He and his wife Catherine sold the property to Hosea Wade in 1840. Hosea and his wife Clarissa sold the property to John Wildman in 1841. John and his wife Mary sold the property to their son Jarrett Wildman in 1878. After Jarrett died in 1898 his children inherited the house and land. With Simon L. Wildman acting as Trustee, the heirs of Jarrett Wildman sold the property to Norman Cordray in 1917. Cordray donated the cabin to the 4-H Camp in 1945.
William Raber built this house in 1810 near Maidsville in Cass District. He had received the land from his father Christopher Raber on 1809. He willed the house and farm to his youngest son, Samuel Raber, in 1849. Samuel Raber and his wife Keziah deeded the property to their son Thornton Raber in 1889, reserving a life estate for themselves. Thornton Raber and his wife Clara Bell later sold the property to William Henry Deets. Deets donated the cabin to the 4-H Camp in 1934. Cass Cabin became and remains today the cabin of the older girls at 4-H Camp.